Human Rights Campaign Bilingual Media Manager-Spanish in Washington, District Of Columbia
We strongly encourage people of color, people of diverse gender identities, women, and non-LGBTQ persons to apply.
The Bilingual Media Manager-Spanish will report to the Deputy Director of Communications, and develop and maintain strong contacts with Spanish-language media outlets as well as assist in preparing professional Spanish-language materials for media outreach and internal resources.
- Assist in coordinating press for the Human Rights Campaign, specifically pitching and engaging with Spanish-language media;
- Serve as point of contact for press inquiries from Spanish-language media, and provide continuing support for media outreach efforts;
- Assist in creating written resources in English and Spanish, including press releases, media advisories, talking points, letters to the editor and various other communication priorities;
- Provide Spanish translation of English versions of press releases, media advisories, talking points, letters to the editor and various other communication priorities;
- Draft communication documents that will be used for outside media;
- Produce written material and serve as translation coordinator for the web or other various forms of both external and internal communication needs;
- Maintain lists of Spanish-language media contacts;
- Assist in the implementation of media plans;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience;
- At least two years of experience with organizational communications, preferably a Capitol Hill or an advocacy organization press office;
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak Spanish and English fluently;
- Familiarity with media serving diverse communities, including and especially Latinx and other people of color; cultural knowledge and understanding of diverse communities;
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Exceptional writing talent as well as the communications skills necessary to elicit the right information from a variety of sources;
- Excellent analytical and creative skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure while simultaneously handling multiple projects to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word and Outlook) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive)
- Ability to travel 10% of the time;
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires some evening and weekend work to respond to breaking news;
- Comfort working in a high-volume environment and the ability to closely follow the messaging of the organization on a wide variety of issues;
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ rights and thorough understanding of LGBTQ media.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
*No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status. *
Tracking Code: 221-928
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular