SAP Intern - Center of Excellence Database and Data Management Job in Washington, District Of Columbia
Requisition ID: 129448
Work Area: Sales Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
LOCATION OF INTERNSHIP
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP
POSITION AND CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION
Do you demand the best from your professional career? Are you inspired by excellence? As the global market leader for business software, SAP helps companies and organizations in more than 25 industries to run better and we are looking for a highly motivated top-achiever to help grow our business.
COMPANY AND ORGANIZATION
As the market leader in enterprise application software, SAP is at the center of today’s business and technology revolution. Our innovations enable more than 291,000 customers worldwide to run more efficiently and improve people’s lives.
Underpinning the many applications in our portfolio, SAP HANA is the data platform of the future. It is also the flagship product in our Database and Data Management (DDM) business – SAP’s largest product area by revenue, representing more than 50% of license business in 2017.
We are looking for a high-performing intern in the Washington DC area to help develop and mature our DDM demand management programs. This is a fast-paced department, and we are looking for an individual with high social-intelligence and confidence, curiosity about the enterprise technology space, and excellent written and spoken communication. This individual will develop relationships with sales leadership, marketing, sales operations, partners, and other members of the broader Value Add team within DDM Sales. This role will be transformational in helping sales leadership shift from current quarter focus to future focus of the business. This is a paid position.
· Cross-Functional Team Alignment-- evangelize, engage, and enable various stakeholders to support the demand management strategy for DDM
· Execute key elements of DDM sales plays (call blitzes, webinars, enablement sessions, partner programs, etc.)
· Support preparation of the DDM Demand Management Council to help leadership track rolling-four-quarter DDM pipeline and identify important gaps
· Liaison to Leadership—ensure open communication with leadership on key pipeline risks and actions taken.
· Co-innovation-- drive brainstorms and co-innovation initiatives with Demand Generation teams to foster new ideas to address future pipeline gaps
· Solid experience and comfort with excel and PowerPoint (and ability to learn quickly)
· Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
· Comfortable with moderately quantitative work
· Collaboration. Demonstrates capacity to engender trust and effectively collaborate with SAP and colleagues at all levels, from SAP Board, senior executives, account teams, and individual contributors. A diplomatic, natural networker who builds positive, enduring relationships and helps bridge diverse perspectives. Thinks and acts “win-win” when relating to others and demonstrates effectiveness in aligning and orchestrating interests to achieve results.
· Resourcefulness. When one door won’t open, find another! Needs a persistent personality, who won’t get frustrated when stymied by the vast SAP matrix. Must have a can-do, optimistic spirit.
· Creative problem solving. Adept at diagnosing problems and issues, identifying root causes, and determining creative yet practical ways to address them. Willing and able to consider different points of view and engage directly in the problem solving process vs delegating to others. Able to make decisions promptly, thoughtfully, and confidently in highly ambiguous situations.
· Executive Communication. Highly effective written and oral communication skills. Communicates complex topics simply but without losing important nuance and meaning. Focuses on central issues and has a command of specifics without being overly detailed. Understands how to frame messages in a compelling way for a target audience, and articulates these messages credibly, powerfully, and with confidence.
· Learning agility. Shows capacity to adapt, master new topics/behaviors, and continuously improve. Committed to learning constantly—a quick study who is curious and observant. Eager to take on new challenges; brings a positive attitude and is resilient to setbacks. Demonstrated ability to take on new assignments in diverse business areas, ramp quickly, and accomplish significant business results.
OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Curiosity and interest…
· Interest in understanding how large enterprises function
· Interest in learning about enterprise software
· Interest in learning the mechanics of building pipeline, and the respective roles of marketing, sales, operations etc.
· Interest in working with all levels of the organization – from entry-level account executives to Senior Vice Presidents
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: C at mailto:Careers@sap.com firstname.lastname@example.org at mailto:email@example.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations: No Selection