Amtrak Lead Business Analyst - 90145263 - Wilmington in Washington, District Of Columbia
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Lead Business Analyst works in a lead or supervisor capacity with our business partners and other IT organizations to align technology solutions and/or processes with Information Technology and business strategies. Demonstrates an informed knowledge within the function to resolve problems and assist with improvement of processes, on an ongoing basis. Supports several moderately complex business processes. May be allocated part time to one or more enterprise project initiatives.
- Proactively seek to establish and maintain cooperative partnerships with multiple organizations across Amtrak including business partners, business services officers, architecture, software development and testing.
- Responsible for assisting in the governance of IT disciplines. Collect, analyze and document service management related activities.
- Lead, guide and provide cross functional (from the requirement domain) project oversight for the business analysis staff.
- Provide tactical (day-to-day) requirement development guidance, based on the strategic SDLC model (ADM), for the business analysis staff.
- Directly handle requirement development tasks associated with high profile, high priority Amtrak strategic initiatives.
- Oversee and/or directly contribute (via high level requirement development) the business analysis role within the demand management framework.
- Participates in planning sessions related to projects or new technologies to implement process improvement within the functional area. Documents discussions and agreements. Facilitate gate review, change advisory boards and IT operational meetings.
- Establishes liaison relationship with business partners and IT departments in order to provide process solutions to meet user needs.
- Assesses process improvements opportunities utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying priorities and advises on options.
- Provides factual content, analysis and other information to guide development projects and enhancements activities.
- Investigates, resolves and escalates problems. Monitors and analyzes metrics to ensure customer satisfaction and vendor performance.
- Promotes and understanding of IT Service Management roles, processes and activities to business units and IT departments. Supports and participates in formal reporting related to IT Operations.
- Demonstrated Business Analysis experience
- Familiar with IIBA guidance and approach to requirement development
- Working knowledge within IT operations and/or Service Management functions.
- Requirement development through various techniques (JRD, process flow, general elicitation).
- Developing and managing to requirement development schedules that incorporate into the broader project schedule.
- Must possess excellent customer service, strong communication and interpersonal skills, work well with others in an integrated team environment, and must be self-motivated.
- Experience with development and reporting towards KPI's and knowledge of industry best practice/industry benchmarks.
- Strong analytical skills
- Master's degree in Information Technology, or equivalent.
- Vendor Management experience.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean
- ITIL Certification
Requisition ID: 24986
Posting Location(s): District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Personnel Area: DC04
Job Family/Function: Information Technology
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements: 8 - 10 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Information Technology || Information Technology