Amtrak Lead Technologist - 90190197 - Washington in Washington, District Of Columbia
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Lead Technologist is an lead technical role and works on one or more projects of moderate complexity as the technology subject matter expert. When involved with a project team, acts in a consultative manner and typically does not provide administrative or management type of support. Works on moderately complex tasks and projects and support issues that involve a degree of risk or may impact business unit performance. Utilizes individual level of expertise within one or more areas of specialty.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Researches and analyzes technologies within area of required expertise.
• Assesses emerging technologies. Evaluates and may recommend new products or tools for the organization.
• Makes recommendations and influences long-term technology strategy and planning for multiple business units.
• Develops and implements repeatable and scalable technology solutions for conference room based audio visual projects that drive collaboration and cost reduction.
• Works with service providers to ensure that their in-scope technical solutions are consistent with the enterprise business strategy and architecture.
• Manages the audio visual technology in Amtrak conference rooms and dedicated situation rooms.
• Develops solutions for requests and issues related to enterprise devices related to audio visual technology.
• Work closely with the Unified Communications Team to support Skype for Business collaboration technology.
• Serves as a consultant and escalation point for issues. Provides project managers with technical consultation and advice, enabling quick response to inquiries related to the program/project.
• Provides technical analyses to help define, assess, and monitor the technical aspects of the program/project or service.
• Designs innovative solutions using new technologies. Recommends short-term alternatives when appropriate.
• Troubleshoots existing information systems or networks to identify errors or deficiencies. Brainstorms possible solutions and evaluates alternatives against decision criteria.
• May lead team responsible for the resolution of support issues escalated by senior operations, development personnel or service provider personnel. Works with vendors during the problem resolution process as needed.
• Provides technical expertise across business functions. Identifies opportunities to improve business processes via new technologies.
• Provides support for Sr Principal Technologist's representation of Amtrak relevant, industry forums.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Demonstrated technical experience.
• Relevant Engineering Certifications.
• The successful candidate will have proven experience with:
• Implementing a/v solutions for conference / situation rooms.
• Supporting Skype for Business collaboration technologies.
• Project Management
• Vendor Management
• Familiarity with ITIL principles
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE :
• ITIL Certification
• Experience managing a large number of devices in a geographically distributed environment.
• Proven capability in dealing with customers at all levels in the company.
• History of technical support across multiple platforms and technologies.
• Proven history of successfully managing vendors and large enterprise hardware deployments.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 24686
Posting Location(s): District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Personnel Area: DC04
Job Family/Function: Information Technology
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements: 5 - 7 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Information Technology || Information Technology