Amtrak Manager Applications Support - 90207385 - Washington in Washington, District Of Columbia
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Manager Applications Support manages the Incident Management processes within Amtrak's current and emerging applications landscape. The Manager Applications Support is responsible for incidents, changes, and problems and for delivering high quality services in support of our customers needs. This role will participate in providing solutions to address technology and business issues, as well as, manage financial resources of the company, all while ensuring the identification, development and support of high-quality solutions.
The Manager Applications Support will work closely with clients, business analysts, development team, architects, and other team members to support the acceptance and maintenance of existing and new services. This role is involved in full systems life cycle and therefore is responsible for service transition, service support, and continuous service improvements.
- Manages the services provided to one or more internal or external customer(s). Monitor all the services, systems, and performance metrics under his/her purview to meet the SLAs. Support a culture of continuous improvement and maturity.
- Manages team of highly skilled and technical support resources responsible for the management of incidents, changes, and problems to deliver high quality services and meet customer needs.
- Works with the team to assign and manage production problems. Plans and schedules the installation and deployment of new modules/services, upgrades, and fixes. Manages team responsible for application support, upgrades and minor enhancements supporting Amtrak's Sales Channels and revenue application systems.
- Develops and maintains standard support procedures and other documentations as required to ensure the support, availability and continuity of IT services to agreed SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Advises on updates for the system roadmap, cost model, release plans, capacity planning, testing, and system requirements. Incorporates procedures to solve issues related to capacity and limitations, operating time, form of desired results, and integration of components.
- Provides technical guidance or system process expertise.
- Provides high quality services at the optimal cost to customers. Measures the service performance using metrics and implements improvements as needed.
- Documents changes to architecture, design, integration, training and conversion plans. Helps develop and maintain system and software architecture diagrams and all service artefacts.
- Devises and ensures the adherence to quality standards and procedures. Reviews modules for quality assurance and ensures compliance with application architecture standards and SLAs. Develops convergence plans toward standards, as needed.
- Follows aggressively the changes in technologies to solve and enhance Amtrak systems user experience and application quality. Work with different groups on roadmaps and strategies.
- Participates in the development of IT budgets. Tracks and takes appropriate steps to stay within budget.
- Works on small to large projects that have system-wide impact. Requires skill in multiple technical environments and possesses an increased level of business and deep technical knowledge.
- Provides input to business technology planning within their functional area. Implement solutions consistent with the architecture. Manages and implements IT initiatives to support business strategy.
- Possesses understanding of IT long-term strategy to include system options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on business processes and goals
- Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses. Discuss work progress and obstacles. Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback. Ensures work, information ideas, and technology flow freely among the section.
- Establishes measureable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals. Documents and presents performance assessments. Recognizes and rewards team members commensurate with performance. Adheres to organizational practices for staffing, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required. Ensure staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives. Participates in IT workforce deployment activities.
- Generates appropriate communication, process and educational plans for mitigating the disruption of change. Identifies and removes obstacles to change.
- Demonstrated technical experience in a management capacity.
- Demonstrated relevant business work experience with business processes and functions served by Sales Channels and revenue technology. Some related experience with eCommerce and Revenue channels applications; troubleshooting, diagnosing and supporting these applications.
- Experience managing technical teams of employees, contractors and service providers across multiple sites and functions.
- Experience defining and implementing critical IT operational frameworks, including SLA and OLA measurements.
- Experience with system development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies for enterprise level applications implementation and custom development programs.
- Expert technical knowledge of all applications development, implementation and support disciplines (ITIL, IT Service Management, Architecture, requirements development, systems design & configuration, data/information conversion & migrations and systems support).
- Ability to launch and deliver IT projects on time and within budget.
- Strong verbal and written communication, collaboration, change management, planning and organizational management skills.
- Solid business, technical and leadership skills
- Requires the ability to work and/or manage resources on an after hours or on-call basis
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- PMP & ITIL certification
- Software/technology/platform experience: Unix/Linux/Solaris/Wintel/AWS/zOS/zTPF/Java/JBOSS/MQ/F5/DataPower/WebMethods/Sitescope/AppDynamics/Documentum, Mulesoft/AEM/Quintiq/SalesForce/Hybris/ACI
- Outstanding conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills in a multi-system, complex operating environment.
- Strong internal and external customer focus and collaboration/communication skill.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
- Skill and passion for operational excellence.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, change management, problem management and incident management.
- Team leadership & experience reviewing requirements, design documents & conducting code reviews.
Bachelor's degree in business management, information systems, project management or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
Requisition ID: 25161
Posting Location(s): District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Personnel Area: DC04
Job Family/Function: Information Technology
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: None
Employment Experience Requirements: 5 - 7 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Information Technology || Information Technology