House of Representatives Senior Information Systems Security Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
House of Representatives
- 1 vacancy - Washington DC, DC
Work Schedule is Full-Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 10/11/2016 (13 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/24/2016 (0 day(s) away)
About the Agency
The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 600 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
Provides knowledge in the development and effective application of information security tools, policies, and procedures in support of the Information Systems Security Program for the U.S. House of Representatives. Provide assistance in monitoring of systems and computer networks to identify and track malicious activities and events. Performs systems administration and technical duties relating to information security initiatives. Conducts technical security reviews and risk assessments of software systems, including databases and web-enabled applications, to ensure security requirements are met prior to and after implementation. Provides technical assistance to Member, Committee, and Support Offices to mitigate security vulnerabilities and incidents. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities. This position may require the ability to work shifts to provide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week technical support for the House information security technology infrastructure.
- Performs systems administration work to ensure all security systems are properly configured and operating at the latest patch levels.
- Ensures security system backups are configured, completed successfully, and securely stored.
- Monitor, triage, and mitigate attempted data and system access violations using system-produced reports and investigates data security violations.
- Conducts in-depth technical security reviews and risk assessments of software systems during all phases of the system development life cycle and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
- Provides guidance to system owners in the development and technical review of System Security Plans which document all technical and procedural security features of a software system.
- Responds to security requests from Members, Committees and House support offices.
- Reviews and audits security logs on all platforms to ensure network and data integrity. Analyzes this information for actual or potential weaknesses, making recommendations to management.
- Tests new systems, upgrades, and programs to independently verify that security features are functioning as intended.
- Participates in the development of technical security standards to support policies including monitoring standards and incident investigation procedures.
- Participates in the development of maintenance schedules and policies to maintain the optimal operation of the security systems. 12 Works with executive management to determine acceptable levels of risk for the enterprise.
- Monitors the selection, installation, testing, and operation of information security software programs in order to ensure such programs meet defined system security needs.
- Performs other official duties as assigned.
- Grade level at time of appointment determined by professional experience and designated level of responsibility. Range: HS-11 to HS-11.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and at least four (4) years of equivalent work experience related to Network Security Analysis or Computer Security Analysis or Intelligence Analysis.
Incumbent must be able to secure and maintain at least a Federal Government SECRET security clearance. An active Secret clearance or higher is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience administering and maintaining information security systems.
- Demonstrated Experience administering network operating systems, security appliances, and associated databases.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing the data produced by a variety of security tools.
- Demonstrated Experience in monitoring and implementing information security policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with elected officials, senior staff, information systems professionals, and technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to comprehend and integrate complex computer technology and software into an effective information systems security program.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, users, contractors, and vendors.
- One or more of the following preferred: CISSP, GIAC, EnCE, CCE, CEH, CISA, CISM.
What To Expect Next
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
Review our benefits
The U.S. House of Representatives offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes vacation and sick leave, holidays, health/life insurance, and excellent retirement program options.
Flexible Spending Accounts - http://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp Long Term Care Insurance - http://www.ltcfeds.com Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
Salary Range: $105,170.00 to $105,170.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: HS-2210-11/11
Promotion Potential: 11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Applicants will be accepted from U.S. Citizens.
Control Number: 453058700
Job Announcement Number: HIR-043-16