Amtrak Senior Manager - 90207155 - Washington in Washington, District Of Columbia
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Sr. Manager may manage multiple IT process within one functional area. The position may also manage services provided to internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Responsible for aligning information technology planning with the business strategy. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
• Drives organizational culture and employee engagement initiatives by ensuring employee programs align with the mission, value, and strategy of the Company and IT.
• Through experience and best practice research, this initiative this position will identify initiatives aimed at increasing employee engagement that include but are not limited to employee engagement survey administration, and action planning, employee centric program development, and employee branding initiatives
• Participates and provides input into the CIO scorecard and dashboard
• Manages the improvement processes that impact customer and employee satisfaction and relationships.
• Owns the designated processes for the CIO town hall, COT, and the cascading of CIO information
• Works with business partners to understand business needs.
• Manages the development and implementation of IT initiatives to support the IT strategy.
• Provides high-quality services at optimal cost.
• Measures service performance and implements improvements as needed.
• Participates in the development of IT budgets. Tracks and takes appropriate steps to stay within budget.
• Participates and provides input to the CIO scorecard and dashboard.
• Provides advice and counsel to the Sr Leadership Team.
• Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses.
• Discuss work progress and obstacles.
• Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
• Ensures work, information ideas, and technology flow freely among the section.
• Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required.
• Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives.
• Generates appropriate communication, process and educational plans for mitigating the disruption of change.
• Identifies and removes obstacles to change.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Demonstrated technical and business managerial experience.
• May require knowledge of one processes/services. Business experience should include assignments in one or more business and technical processes.
• Requires experience in building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
• Requires demonstrated ability to launch and deliver one or more IT project(s) on time and within budget.
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, work well with others in an integrated team environment, and must be self-motivated
PREFERRED EDUCATION :
Master's degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 24821
Posting Location(s): District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Personnel Area: DC04
Job Family/Function: Information Technology
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements: 8 - 10 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Information Technology || Information Technology