Amtrak Senior Web Designer - 90106062 - Washington in Washington, District Of Columbia
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position will work closely with creative director and content manager to conceptualize, strategize and produce highly creative solutions. The candidate will be responsible for developing graphical user interfaces (GUI) and interaction designs for a large, transactional website. The candidate will execute a consistent creative vision from concept to production with a focus on creating intuitive and streamlined customer experiences. The candidate will coordinate with internal and external stakeholders and content owners to plan, create and implement changes to designs on the website.
• Develop e-commerce website design templates, interaction flows, prototypes and wireframes with a customer-centric focus
• Design website related layouts, imagery and graphics (wireframes, design concepts, icons, navigational symbols and style guides)
• Sweat over the visual details (typography, composition, hierarchy, color, consistency, etc.) and communicate effectively why they matter
• Research and enhance photography for use on promotional content pages
• Optimize photos, logos, banners and other graphical elements for the web
• Design and create illustrations and graphical elements to support content needs
• Develop designs that reflect the Brand guidelines
• Responsible for web page content development
• Work on small teams and wear multiple hats, from design to production
• Work with Customer Experience team to identify and implement design solutions
• Strong foundation and experience in design, layout, typography and customer experience
• Thorough knowledge of e-commerce website interface and GUI design
• Follow existing creative direction on projects as well as develop new creative
• Strong working knowledge of image optimization and graphical file formats
• Understanding of functional navigation elements and designing for optimal user experience
• Understanding of best practices in graphic and web design, and website usability and accessibility
• Functional understanding of HTML, CSS and designing for Content Management Systems. Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) knowledge preferred
• Knowledgeable about web and mobile best practices, browser differences and cross platform standards
• Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills; ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) and other design tools
• Passion for emerging technology and hunger to innovate
• Stay current with industry design standards, best practices, technologies, tools and trends (responsive design, etc.)
• Background in website writing and editing a plus
• Effectively prioritize and execute tasks on short deadlines.
• Strong time and project management skills with ability to multi-task
• Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Arts/Graphic Design
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Demonstrated visual design experience delivering high-volume, high-profile or award-winning e-commerce websites or products; experience in web design, branding and marketing
• Experience in travel industry
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Requisition ID: 24682
Posting Location(s): District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Personnel Area: DC04
Job Family/Function: Marketing
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: None
Employment Experience Requirements: 5 - 7 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Marketing || No Additional