Amtrak Supervisor Safety Reporting - 90205596 - Washington in Washington, District Of Columbia
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Supervisor Safety Reporting oversees the collection and regulatory reporting of accident/incident data for Amtrak. This role drives efforts to improve data collection across the Amtrak network by defining reporting policies/procedures and by leveraging technology.
The Supervisor Safety Reporting is the subject matter expert on the Federal Railroad Administration's (FRA) accident/incident reporting requirements as stated under 49 CFR Part 225. This role ensures compliance and accuracy in reporting employee, passenger, trespasser and rail equipment incidents to the FRA. This person hosts the FRA during biennial audits and provide access to all records. In the event of reporting violations assesed by the FRA, this role will respond to the FRA and correct deficiencies. This role also works hand-in-hand with the Safety Analytics team by providing accurate data for use in internal analytical reports.
The Supervisor Safety Reporting will be responsible for demonstrating Amtrak’s values and leadership philosophy while providing customers with excellent service and meeting performance targets that are driven by and aligned with the Strategic Plan goals in Safety and Security.
This role has matrix management relationships with other functional and technical groups within the company to ensure compliance with standards and policies established by Amtrak and regulatory authorities. Such matrix relationships include, but are not limited to Safety Analtyics, Claims, Legal, Engineering, Mechanical, and Business lines, etc.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Supervises Central Reporting staff and manages the day-to-day activities of the Central Reporting Office
• Leads the Central Reporting team in performing accident/incident data collection and ensures timely and accurate reporting of required data to the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
• Develops best practices for data collection and entry; supports efforts to ensure data quality, validity and integrity across data sources
• Develops and establishes corporate-wide accident/incident reporting policies and procedures; including Amtrak's Internal Control Plan; reviews laws and regulations to identify and interpret regulatory reporting requirements, and update procedures, as needed
• Ensures that the Central Reporting team adheres to accident/incident regulations mandated by the FRA and Amtrak's Interal Control Plan by conducting compliance checks regularly
• Creates materials and webinars to train analysts and Amtrak supervisors in both FRA reporting requirements and high quality data submission methods
• Problem solves data collection gaps or integrity issues with others
• Leads database improvements; works cooperatively with IT to guide these improvements
• Identifies and initiates new technical projects or systems to streamline Central Reporting duties
• Effective interface and coordination with stakeholders, including division and department management, supervision and labor as well as IT, regulators, vendors and contractors.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Experience in developing/maintaining internal controls of large operating/reporting systems
• Demonstrated proficiency in records and information management processes
• Excellent verbal and written communication; ability to develop and deliver verbal and written communications which convey complex information in a simple, easily understandable manner
• Technical competence and ability to navigate multiple computer systems and applications required
• Demonstrated skills using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Ability to utilize Microsoft SharePoint- navigate, post documents, create sites/add web part, work with lists, assist with clean-up/record retention.
• Proficient in database systems, computer-based reporting.
• Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage many projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability to effectively facilitate change including development of innovative approaches designed to optimize data collection and reporting
• Ability to lead a team
• Ability to acquire new knowledge, skills in order to maintain effectiveness in position
• Must understand the importance of record retention
• Must keep records privledged and confidential and instill this practice within the team
• High attention to detail and organizational aptitude
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Prior experience utilizing Lean Six-Sigma methodologies
• Strong knowledge of safety regulations, policies and programs; injury prevention programs; personal protective safety equipment
• One year of railroad experience desired
PREFERRED EDUCATION :
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : Yes
Requisition ID: 23582
Posting Location(s): District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Personnel Area: DC05
Job Family/Function: Safety & Security
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements: 8 - 10 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Safety & Security || No Additional