Summit Credit Union Mortgage Loan Specialist in Watertown, Wisconsin
Summit has an exciting opportunity to join our Mortgage Team as a Mortgage Loan Specialist at our Watertown Office. As a Mortgage Loan Specialist you are responsible for assisting the Mortgage Loan Officers with processing mortgage loans and maintaining good business relationships with members, Real Estate Agents, and vendors. In addition, this position will serve members on a broad spectrum of retail loan and depository products and services. Draws upon a working knowledge of the financial industry, common products, and strong interaction skills to improve the financial situation of members. Builds and maintains a member base through demand-led interactions. Consistently delivers appropriate solutions through needs analysis and creation of member plans. Achieves production results that are profitable and meet or exceeds pre-established standards. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years in a retail financial environment, including work in lending, mortgages or financial advising. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to problem solve and demonstrate effective multitasking. Summit offers excellent benefits, including student loan reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, excellent health insurance and 100% match on 401K. At Summit we cover more ground, give more back and have more fun. Come be a part of something bigger!
- Associate degree or College degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of work experience in a retail financial environment, which includes work in one or more of the following areas: Customer Service, Sales, Financial Advising, Consumer Lending, Consumer Financial Education, Mortgage Lending, Office/Administrative Support.
- Must have or be able to attain a Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) number.
- Excellent listening and oral/written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- In depth knowledge of business math, including ability to perform dividend, interest, payoff, mortgage and consumer loan product comparison, equity, and certificate penalty calculations
- Proven ability to apply lending fundamentals for all loan products.
- Intermediate knowledge of laws and regulations that govern mortgages, consumer loans, and deposit services.
- Ability to hear, assimilate and solve problems quickly, using a member service approach
- Ability to adapt to changing job responsibilities quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to build loyal member relationships through effective use of sales, service recovery, interpersonal skills and member referrals.
- Ability to form and maintain relationships with members.
Requisition Number: 16-0188
Branch: Watertown Real Estate Location
Post Date: 10/11/2016
Title: Mortgage Loan Specialist
Work Hours: Full Time