Sun Life Financial Associate, Investment Operations in Wellesley, Massachusetts
The candidate will be an individual contributor in supporting the operational, accounting, reporting, and pricing processes involved with the North American Marketable Securities team, which includes all US, Canadian and international securities. The position will interface with the Investments Front Office, various business units, internal and external auditors, as well as external managers and custodians.
• Full accountability for all operational processes including but not limited to cash forecasting, trade processing & settlement, cash and share reconciliation, collateral movements, corporate actions, class actions, various general ledger reconciliations, and daily and monthend pricing.
• Support various internal and external reporting requirements primarily cash, shares, and payable/receivables.
• Partner with custodian banks, front office, and external managers to resolve trade issues.
• Ensure appropriate documentation is maintained as support for all exceptions.
• Assist with eliminating and/or streamlining manual processes.
• Understand accounting policies, procedures, systems and controls which ensure the accuracy of the reported consolidated financial information presented, consistent with governing accounting and legal rules, pronouncements and regulations.
• Actively participate in maintaining effective internal controls in the area.
• Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the various Investment systems.
• Other forms of project work will also be required as the need arises, including the requirement of leading various projects with confidence.
• Support operational processes for US and CAD holidays.
Sun Life Financial is a leading provider of group insurance benefits in the U.S., helping people protect what they love about their lives. More than just a name, Sun Life symbolizes our brand promise of making life brighter – for our customers, partners, and communities. Join our talented, diverse workforce and launch a rewarding career. Visit us at www.sunlife.com/us to learn more.
• Undergraduate education in Accounting and/or Finance
• 2 years experience in an Operations, Custodian, Insurance, Investment Firm, or Corporate Banking environment performing processing, settlements, pricing, and or reconciliation tasks
• Working knowledge of fixed income investment products is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
• Organized, detail oriented & skilled at multi-tasking within tight deadlines required
• Ability to work US and CAD holidays (rotating schedule)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and seek guidance as necessary
• Ownership and responsibility for meeting conflicting deadlines and accomplishing goals
• Operations processing and settlement expertise
• Investment accounting experience, preferably within the insurance industry
• IFRS & USGAAP knowledge/experience
• PAM, Aladdin, Omgeo, Bloomberg, and Oracle knowledge/experience preferable
Sun Life Financial is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. Sun Life Financial is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company culture.
Title: Associate, Investment Operations
Requisition ID: FIN03795