IDEXX Sales Support Analyst II in West Sacramento, California
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 6,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
Provide support to the sales force by evaluating sales professional requests and managing responses, providing research, and delivering sales support according to business guidelines and the principles of the IDEXX Experience Program. Ensure ongoing sales professional engagement by monitoring and analyzing process metrics and needs. Quickly and efficiently address sales professional questions, concerns, and needs; coordinating with other team members as needed. Monitor requests and work proactively to assist sales professionals in Territory Growth attainment, acquisition of new profitable customers, and acceleration of loyalty that leads to continued business growth. Responsible for the proposal lifecycle from submission though approval.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the proposal lifecycle from submission through approval. Proposal lifecycle activities include:
- Gather, analyze, collaborate, and provide consultation on customer’s sales and business profile and proposed solutions. Enter data into appropriate systems, documents and spreadsheets; analyze and generate documents for pricing, proposals and recommendations.
- Review sales proposals and agreements for accuracy and compliance to current sales programs.
- Create proposals, and establish and provide new and existing customer pricing exceptions and programs. Work with management to obtain approvals on higher level exceptions to guidelines.
- When expedited approvals are required, provide all information to decision makers and manage the proposal through to approval.
- Work with sales team to understand current pricing; guidelines for future pricing; and general understanding of pricing guidelines.
- Analyze and provide historical account-specific sales information to the sales representatives to facilitate the development of strategic, financially sound business proposals.
- May coordinate and implement annual price increases.
- May analyze competitive pricing and suggest pricing strategy based on this information.
- Provide support, assist, and collaborate with sales professionals. Responsible for meeting and exceeding all deadlines which includes completing tasks and results on schedule, and providing documents, programs and pricing as needed. Responsible for providing timely, effective, ongoing communication with sales professionals on sales activities.
- Track program/offering utilization and exceptions. Analyze customer data, identify and make recommendations for pricing, programs, improvements, etc.
- Understand and support the vision of the CAG Territory Growth model to provide a level of service that exceeds the sales professional’s expectations.
- Understand programs, eligibility and offerings from sales guide.
- Maintain detailed and accurate metrics as requested.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally as needed; ensure optimum communication and execution of sales proposals.
- Communicate with sales, marketing and other related business lines on regular basis to support sales initiatives, exchange information and resolve issues.
- Perform all services in the spirit of the IDEXX experience. Understand and act in accordance with the IDEXX mission and values statements with a focus on the customer perspective.
- Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Typically 3-5 years of experience in Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, Customer Support, Customer Operations, and/or Finance.
- One or more years experience in healthcare or general business experience preferred.
- Analytical-related work experience including sales operations-related experience, preferred.
- Understanding of the veterinary diagnostic market and previous sales experience is a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High quality inter-personal skills with ability to work with sales force, and build and maintain a strong rapport and ongoing partnership.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical users in a professional, positive, and clear manner.
- Ability to generate and present a sales pricing proposal.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve issues.
- Integrity and responsiveness.
- Solid analytical skills with an aptitude for marketing analytics.
- Reasoning and analytical skills to resolve issues.
- Ability to understand basic financial concepts such as ROI and budget management.
- Technical record keeping management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects; ability to lead projects if applicable.
- Organized with ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated initiative and drive with ability to work independently, collaboratively, and as part of a team.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of management and various functional departments.
- Proficiency in MS office applications–with advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database software preferred.
- Understanding of SAP, CRM and Business Objects.
- Extensive sitting, phone and computer use
- Some travel may be required
- Some weekend work or shift work may be required
- General office environment
- Normal office noise level, with occasional moderate noise.
No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.
Primary Location: Americas-United States-California-West Sacramento CA
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Posting: Sep 27, 2016, 9:09:58 AM
Req ID: 10129452-20160921