IDEXX Senior Scientist R&D in Westbrook, Maine
Outstanding opportunity to join an expanding, public, pet healthcare company that is well positioned for future growth, with a market cap of $9 to 10 billion and a stock that has outperformed the market by more than 6x in the past 10 years!
You will join our Rare Reagent Design and Development team; a highly motivated team engaged in design, process development, and analytical characterization of antibodies, antigens, conjugates, small molecules and particles used in in-vitro diagnostic products. You will work in an interactive, fast-paced, multi-disciplinary group and have the opportunity to develop novel processes for many products across lines of business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of new rare reagents including purification and conjugation processes
- Use of DOE to guide design of statistically rigorous experiments
- Management of an advanced suite of production and analytical tools including identification and implementation of new methods and technologies
- Information management for communication to development teams (e.g. process data and analytics for design history file)
- Translation of analytical measurements into CTQ specifications
- Discussion and presentation of results to small teams as well as larger departmental and company audiences
Education: PhD in scientific or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background in Biochemistry or Chemistry
- Expertise in protein purification, surface chemistry or bioconjugate chemistry
- Expertise in modern analytical techniques
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate, interpret, and communicate diverse technology
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with various modes of chromatography and advanced laboratory measurement systems are desired (FPLC, HPLC, CE, DLS, FT-IR)
- Experience in information management, LIMS systems/databases, and GLP/GMP environments are a plus
IDEXX is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for the production animal industry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs 7,000+ people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
IDEXX attracts, rewards and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people who are eager to participate in two of the most important technological revolutions of our time -biotechnology and information technology.
We offer outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement.
IDEXXhas a new state of the art, LEED certified, world campus which fosters an innovative and collaborative work environment and promotes wellness; offering an impressive onsite fitness center, health clinic, and many healthy dining choices! In support of health and wellness, IDEXX is also a tobacco free campus.
If you are looking for a challenging work environment that unleashes creativity and energy, is refreshingly honest and comfortably casual, and offers opportunities for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
We offer a fully loaded and highly competitive compensation and benefits plan and relocation assistance.
About the Area: Portland, Maine recently ranked number 6 on Forbes magazine’s list of America’s Best Cities for Young Professionals, was ranked by Bloomberg Businessweek as one of the best places to raise kids, was listed by Forbes.com as one of America’s Best Hipster Neighborhoods, was named the Foodiest city in the US by Bonappetit magazine, was ranked by Yahoo.com as having one of the healthiest and most affordable housing markets, made the top 10 list of healthiest cities for women by Women’s Health Magazine, and has recently been nominated for “Best Town Ever” by Outside Magazine; the magazine chooses its top 10 places to live based on a balance of great culture, breathtaking scenery, reasonable home prices, low-stress living, and, of course, easy access to the outdoors!
Job: Research & Development
Primary Location: Americas-United States-Maine-Westbrook ME
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2016, 9:04:58 AM
Req ID: 10005181-20160802