CB&I Rigger Journey in Westlake, Louisiana
Title: Rigger Journey
Location: United States-Louisiana-Westlake
Performs Rigger activities for setting up cranes and for hoisting equipment and materials on construction projects.
- The journey Rigger selects cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks and sheaves according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attaches loads by means of grappling devices, such as slings, loops, wires, ropes and chains to crane hook.
- Gives directions to crane operator engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and material handled using hand signals, loudspeaker, radio or telephone.
- Sets up braces and rigs hoisting equipment using hand tools and power wrenches.
- Splices rope and wire cables to make or repair slings and tackle.
- May direct workers engaged in hoisting of equipment and materials.
- Written and Performance Certified
- Able to perform journey tasks proficiently with little or no supervision.
- Can perform leadership role.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With more than 125 years of experience, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Rigger
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2017, 8:52:03 AM
Requisition ID: 1709462
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.