Convergys Mgr Analytic Consulting in Westminster, Colorado
Mgr Analytic Consulting
The Manager of Analytic Consulting will lead a consulting team to analyze the business processes and supporting data of internal and external clients, assess current performance levels and identify opportunities for improvement. This position will focus on leading detailed data analysis while maintaining a client focus. This role is responsible for building client relationships, conducting data analysis, and communicating improvement recommendations to project stakeholders. The Manager of Analytic Consulting will also possess the leadership aptitude and ability to oversee individual contributors on successful consulting engagements as well as perform day to day people management.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
• First-line manager; provide coaching, mentoring, and day to day management of individual contributors Leads group of consultant focusing on mentoring coaching and coordination
• Conduct annual performance reviews and provide feedback in an ongoing manner for team members
• Lead consulting engagements with clients on business operations and performance improvement initiatives
• Utilize structured problem solving skills to develop a work plan and approach to answer business questions in the defined timeline
• Lead the project team to successfully complete all phases of a data analysis project on-time and on-budget, including but not limited to: Planning, Data Collection, Data Cleansing, Analysis, and Recommending Solutions
• Develop new insights and understanding of business performance based on data and statistical methods
• Analyze external markets dynamics and multiple large data sources to assess trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations
• Facilitate key project management meetings
• Interact with external clients and lead internal resources while at the client site to set appropriate project expectations and facilitate the due diligence process
• Deliver consultative recommendations to clients by drawing from information captured from the Convergys Analytic Consulting team, prior experience, and knowledge of critical processes and industry acumen
• Build, manage, and sustain strong relationships with internal and external clients
• Participate in practice building activities (e.g., recruiting, pre-sales marketing material, and case study development)
• Bachelor's degree in related field from a four-year college or university with more than seven years of consulting or analytics experience (with at least two years of Progressive Management Experience) preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to effectively present information to internal and external associates
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize projects in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented business environment
• Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and provide direction to a team of employees
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership with focus on continuous improvement
• Excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to foster customer service disposition and sense of professionalism for self and team
• Solid understanding of the organization's business operations and industry. Demonstrated business acumen
• Ability to work and lead others in ambiguous situations
• Demonstrated ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Proficient knowledge of a data analyses methodology, green or black belt six sigma certification preferred
Career Framework Role
Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s). Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to resolve operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager and/or director. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers. Has accountability for results in terms of costs, strategies and employees.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
USA, Westminster, CO
Who We Are
At Convergys, our mission is to set the standard in our industry through unparalleled care for our clients, customers & people.
For our clients, this means our 125,000 team members wake up every day united by a common goal: helping our clients maintain exceptional relationships with their customers.
For our people, this means a commitment to each other to accomplish great things, build careers, and have some fun along the way!
Build Your Career With Convergys
When you become part of our team, you join 125,000 talented people around the world who represent some of today’s leading brands. At Convergys, one of our values is to "Grow As a Team." It's in our DNA to prioritize teamwork and develop our people. By working together, we achieve great things for clients and create opportunities to build rewarding careers. You can be part of that when you join our team. And it's all at your fingertips!
Watch the video below to hear from some of our employees around the world as they talk about what it means to be part of the Convergys team.
Convergys has careers available in 31 countries at 150+ locations.
Establish your career with a company that has locations across the world. You can grow personally and professionally - and make a difference for customers and for the communities where we live and work.