IDEXX Specimen Processing Coordinator in Wetherby, United Kingdom
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 6,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
The incumbent is responsible for undertaking the duties detailed in this specification, to ensure the efficient turnaround of routine day-to-day work within the laboratory administration areas.
The incumbent is also responsible for opening and labeling all veterinary pathological samples received into the laboratory before dispatch to the appropriate department, and according to the appropriate Standard Operating Procedures. These samples include, but are not limited to, blood, urine and feces. They are contained in appropriate tubes and protective clothing is provided.
*PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
Responsible for demographic entry onto the laboratory networked computer system of all samples received into the laboratory from all disciplines, using the most current method available.
to open incoming mail containing pathological samples according to the specific SOPs.
to label veterinary pathological samples according to the specific SOPs.
Responsible for identifying problems (if feasible) with sample types, species etc. at demographic entry.
Responsible for highlighting such problems to internal and external clients in a timely and courteous manner.
Responsible for ensuring all urgent or cancelled samples are dealt with in the specified manner.
To show an in-depth knowledge within specified administration areas of the laboratory.
To ensure that all procedures are carried out in accordance with departmental and Company Standard Operating Procedures.
In conjunction with the Senior Administration Officers, to be responsible for the maintenance of in-house databases, both for tests carried out in-house and those referred to other laboratories.
Responsible for holiday and sickness cover for other members of the administrative department.
Other administrative tasks that may be delegated from time to time.
To open and label veterinary pathological samples according to the specific SOPs.
To perform and complete, according to the specific SOP, any reasonable request set by the Senior Sample Receptionist or Departmental Manager. The degree of supervision required for each procedure will be at the discretion of the senior member of staff, and influenced by the individual's current training record.
Demonstrate a responsible attitude and a willingness to learn new procedures.
Demonstrate good public relations at all times and refer all enquiries to a more senior member of staff.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent, and possess good keyboard skills.* *
- Minimum of 1 year working within a general office or laboratory environment.* *
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The incumbent must be able to demonstrate keyboard skills. . In addition, a polite and pleasant telephone manner, good attention to detail and good numerically skills are essential.
- Must be able to manage tasks requiring immediate action, and work within established practices, methods and procedures. Essential to be able to work as part of a team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:* *
- The incumbent must be able to communicate verbally, both face to face and by telephone. General manual dexterity as keyboard input of data, opening of samples and ability to communicate with clients by telephone are integral parts of the role. May involve light lifting (<15Kg).
- General laboratory and office environment, and the incumbent may be exposed to potentially harmful infectious agents and noxious agents. Occasionally, veterinary cadavers for post mortem examination will pass through their work environment.
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: Administration Manager/Specimen Processor Supervisor.
POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: None.
Job: Reference Lab Operations
Primary Location: EMEA-United Kingdom-West Yorkshire-Wetherby GB
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Posting: Apr 28, 2016, 7:46:42 AM
Req ID: 10107156-20160425