Cobham Mission Mechanical Engineer in Wichita, Kansas
Cobham is seeking a Mechanical Engineer. This position is located in Wichita, KS.
- Designs and documents electro-mechanical systems which meet project goals.
- Completes electro-mechanical packaging of digital and RF modules using sheet metal, machined, cast, or injection molded components.
- Supports design projects from startup to release and throughout the production life cycle.
- Selects and interprets design data based on intention of design, system function, quality requirements, and manufacturability.
- Works closely with Digital, RF and PCB Designers
- Supports product testing and certification.
- Involved in providing estimates regarding design feasibility and required resources for proposed projects.
- Supports Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and Purchasing by providing technical assistance to PR, ECN, and MRB activities related to mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Supports product development by creating and evaluating design documentation, assuring prototype inspections are conducted, errors and discrepancies are reported, corrected and prevented.
- Demonstrates skills in complex interpersonal communication and technical writing.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 2 years’ experience in mechanical design.
- Experience with 3D CAD and Analysis Software
- Experience with Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- SolidWorks Professional Certification
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks Simulation, Simulation Professional, and Flow Simulation.
- Electronics equipment product testing and certification experience.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at _**www.cobham.com/careers** or follow us on our LinkedIn page at **www.linkedin.com/company/cobham** ._
To be considered you must apply by going to _**www.cobham.com/careers_**
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Kansas-Wichita
Organization: Cobham AvComm Wichita
Job Posting: 17-Oct-2016, 9:21:41 AM
Recruiter: Jennifer Starr
Req ID: 203311