Barclays DevOps Engineer in Wilmington, Delaware
Overall purpose of role:
Barclaycard US is seeking talented engineers and visionaries, passionate about automating all the things to help us design and implement tools and infrastructure powering rapid delivery of our applications and the emerging technology platform. You will be responsible for defining, implementing and enforcing various best practices in the CI/CD process. You will also provision, manage, administer various Configuration Management tools and improve the processes overtime using automation. / /
Key Accountabilities and Skills required: * Key specific accountabilities. * Monitor builds and deployments and ensure any failed builds or deployments are addressed in a timely manner * Drive to resolution any issues related to source code repository commits which have caused an adverse impact to the code base * Work with developers and release management to design and implement CI/CD delivery pipelines * Work with Development or QA teams, when needed, to assist in the resolution of build issues * Act as Subject Matter Expert for CVS, Subversion, GIT source code tools and provide feedback to the development community on best practices * Manage, configure and upgrade various tools used in the CI/CD process such as Maven, Subversion, Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus, and Bitbucket Server etc. * Administer and manage code review tools such as Crucible and code quality analysis tools such as Sonar and Fortify * Work with Release Management and Change Management to contribute and review implementation plan templates * Be available off-hours through an on-call rotation to support Sev1 tickets and Production incidents. * Be available off-hours through an on-call rotation in support of project deliverables that have been arranged in advance. The Benefits:Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture:Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.* *For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion sitehere.
EEO statement It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent and relevant work experience.
- 5 years debugging skills to identify problems with software builds, deployments or related issues and driving the problem to a permanent resolution
- 5 years of experience working in a Unix/Linux based environment
- 5 years scripting in Bash, Korn Shell, Perl or Python
- Self-motivated, naturally curious, analytical and problem solving mindset
- 5 years oral and written communication skills
- 5 years solid understanding of software versioning concepts using Subversion, GIT or Perforce
- 3-4 years proficiency with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins or AntHill Pro
- 5 years understanding of builds tools such as Maven and Ant, MSbuild, NANT.
- 5 years’ experience with Tomcat and Apache deployments and configuration and ability to debug and find root cause for issues of varying complexity
- 5 years of networking, firewall and load balancing concepts and their configuration
Title: DevOps Engineer
Requisition ID: *00238119