Amtrak Lead Safety Statistical Analyst - 90205076 - Wilmington in Wilmington, Delaware
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Lead Statistical Analyst- Safety provides advanced analytical and reporting services to System Safety and the business lines within Operations with the goal of achieving risk identification, mitigation strategies and/or improved processes to eliminate injuries, hazards and risk in the workplace. This person will be the go-to data resource for the Safety team. This person will have full understanding of the multiple data sources the team relies on to accomplish their analytical tasks. He/she will be able to translate the safety and business needs into data questions and build queries and reports and dashboards.
The Lead Statistical Analyst- Safety will be responsible for demonstrating Amtrak’s values and leadership philosophy while providing customers with excellent service and meeting performance targets that are driven by and aligned with the Strategic Plan goals in Safety and Security.
This role has matrix management relationships with other functional and technical groups within the company to ensure compliance with standards and policies established by Amtrak and regulatory authorities. Such matrix relationships include, but are not limited to Central Reporting, Engineering, Mechanical, and Business lines, etc.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Leads the safety analytics team in performing data collection and statistical analyses, creates and maintains internal safety data dashboards and reporting solutions that provide meaningful insight to safety data trends and generate predictions that are actionable.
• Reviews and validates safety data to ensure quality, assist and/or provide guidance to remedy quality issues.
• Independently develops data specifications and effectively communicate proactive recommendations to senior leadership on how to reduce and/or prevent hazards and/or improve safety performance.
• Provides formal data preparation and quantitative analytical summaries for communications, presentations, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
• Development and continuous improvement of protocols and statistical analysis plans to support the planning, design and execution of continuous improvement projects that have been identified as key company-wide safety trends or issues.
• Identifies best practices through analysis and reviews trends and analyzes information to develop and implement safety plans as needed.
• Understands the need and interpretation of quantitative analysis as it relates to behavioral safety analytics.
• Maintain documentation and lessons learned, best practices, and quality improvement documentation.
• Guides best practices for data acquisition and leads data improvement projects.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Demonstrated experience providing advanced analytical and reporting services.
• Ability to build, modify and manipulate complex spreadsheets and databases; perform data extraction, processing, manipulation and analysis.
• High attention to detail with proven ability to effectively identify and address data quality issues and ability to develop methods for data validation and verification.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including Excel VBA in order to build macros, pivot tables, advanced formulas/functions, the ability to create/manage data templates and dashboards.
• Experience with Microsoft SharePoint including creation of lists/document libraries, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, Nintex workflows, and interfacing with programs such as Excel and Outlook.
• Experience with SAP Business Objects with a minimum ability to build customized raw data reports.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
• Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage many projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability to effectively facilitate change including development of innovative approaches designed to optimize.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Effective interface and coordination with stakeholders, including division and department management, supervision and labor as well as regulators, vendors and contractors.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Knowledge of analytical programs such as ACL, SAS JMP, or R; and visual analytical tools such as Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics, Business Objects WEBI or Sharepoint Chart Web Parts
• Knowledge in SQL and/or R programming languages
• Prior experience utilizing Six-Sigma methodologies.
• Strong knowledge of safety regulations, policies and programs; injury prevention programs; personal protective safety equipment.
PREFERRED EDUCATION :
Postgraduate degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or Physical Sciences
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : Yes
Requisition ID: 23281
Posting Location(s): Delaware; District of Columbia
Personnel Area: DE06
Job Family/Function: Safety & Security
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements: 8 - 10 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Safety & Security || Corporate