Citi Loss Forecasting - VP Credit & Portfolio Risk Manager in Wilmington, Delaware
Primary Location: United States,Delaware,Wilmington
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16049266
Individual will work within the loss forecast team in the NCL Forecasting group for Citi Branded Cards Risk Management. The Loss Reserve group is specifically tasked with calculating and managing the net credit loss forecast on a +$70BN portfolio and working with the LLR and Finance teams to build forecasts for adequate coverage plan for the future. The group collaborates with Risk, Accounting Policy, Global Policy, Finance, and External Auditors. Responsibilities: Manage and maintain financial models used to build the various sub-components of loss forecast for Citi’s Branded Cards portfolios. Analyze model outputs relative to other business MIS, ensuring the models are providing rational, logical output. Reconcile detailed financial data from disparate data sources for each of the covered portfolios Produce summary documents, presentations and memos provided to regulators, business leaders and external auditors. Evaluate loss forecast model methodologies, monitor portfolio performance metrics and synthesize analysis for presentation to management. Produce ad-hoc reports for internal business partners. Manage process flow and versioning control.
• Bachelor's degree required in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Physics, or a relative quantitative discipline (Master's degree, MBA or CPA preferred, or equivalent experience).
• 4+ years with financial models, with a preference for work in auditing, forecasting/capacity planning , accounting or credit risk management
• Ability to develop and perform Financial and Risk analysis that addresses concerns and issues, and ability to present them to management and external auditors with a clear and concise approach.
• Attention to detail, experience in auditing, accounting or financial statement analysis
• Advanced usage of Excel required, proficiency in PowerPoint, Word required, desire to learn or knowledge of SAS/SQL and Essbase preferred.
• Strong desire to proactively identify gaps and improve the status quo.
• Strong business and technical writing skills – ability to independently produce high-quality business memoranda and technical documents
• Ability to work with senior managers to help build consensus to address difficult and complex business needs.
• Ability to manage complex processes and deliver results within compressed timelines.
• Ability to develop partnerships across multiple business and functional areas.
Leadership Competencies expected:
• Flexibility to work well with varying personal styles
• Develops strong working relationships that foster cooperation and respect
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence at all levels of management
• Senior executive interactions, can present credibly to both large and small groups
Key Collaboration Points will include:
• Senior leadership within Branded Cards business
• Leadership team across Global Risk and Regional Risk
• Heavy engagement with internal Finance and Collections Operations teams
• Close interactions with Risk policy areas and other cross-functional Risk teams
• Government regulators (Federal Reserve, OCC)
• Internal and external auditors