Amtrak Senior Operations Compliance Analyst - 90153514 - Wilmington in Wilmington, Delaware
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Senior Operations Compliance Analyst has direct responsibility for the revenue protection, revenue remittance, operations compliance and oversight relative to revenue generation, policies and procedures for trainmen, onboard service, station, and commissary operations at a regional level. The position performs reviews and audits of systems, records, documents, and performs compliance observations and investigations to identify any real or potential problems with revenue transaction non-compliance and to limit risk of fraud. The position provides interpretation and technical advice for all regional management to ensure clear understanding and consistent application of the rules and regulations of corporate policy and procedures and supports all training efforts at the corporate and regional levels.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Leads the revenue protection and directs the efforts of contractor observations of employee activity on board trains and at stations to reduce risk of fraud and revenue loss.
• Directs operations compliance reviews/audits to ensure compliance with corporate policy and procedures to protect Amtrak’s revenue.
• Conducts investigations, performs reviews/audits and trend analysis of employee compliance with revenue associated with on train, food and beverage and station activities, and reports findings to management for action.
• Develops formal reports summarizing findings and review/audit activity, working fund monitoring and discipline activity associated with revenue protection and revenue remittance policies and procedures within a particular area of responsibility.
• Liaison between field management and corporate for compliance with and understanding of training requirements, mini audits, and procedures relating to operations for on-train, station and commissary activities.
• Subject Matter Expert on revenue and operations policies, providing interpretation, technical advice and guidance to regional leadership to protect Amtrak’s revenue and limit risk of fraud and theft.
• Coordinates with the various corporate departments to define and review procedures.
• Provides facilitation and delivery of training for accounting policies and procedures.
• Provides reviews of activities at stations, crew bases, commissaries, and on trains.
• Ensures compliance with other corporate policies and procedures (e.g. automotive, etc.)
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Demonstrated management experience in compliance or loss prevention investigation.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise contract employees.
• Must be a self-starter and work independently and proactively.
• Must have analytical, research, investigative, audit and loss prevention experience in a corporate environment.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion regarding information to which they have access.
• Demonstrated experience with PC-based spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel, Access); Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or similar professional certification.
• Knowledge of labor agreements for on train and station employees.
• Prefer previous experience in the transportation or railroad industry.
PREFERRED EDUCATION :
Master’s Degree in Business or Fraud Investigation.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 23982
Posting Location(s): Delaware
Personnel Area: DE03
Job Family/Function: Transportation
Relocation Offered: Yes
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 50%
Employment Experience Requirements: 3 - 5 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Transportation || No Additional