Amtrak Sr Technical Trainer - 90182975 - Wilmington in Wilmington, Delaware
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Senior Technical Trainer manages the assessment, design, development, delivery, evaluation, and ongoing maintenance of training and organizational change management initiatives in order to meet project and organizational goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• This role will be accountable for the creation to include design and development of training and organizational change strategies including: stakeholder/sponsor assessments, communications plans, training strategies, and training project plans utilized as an organizational change solution aligned to strategic business priorities, capability needs, and support the resolution of critical business issues.
• Must have indepth knowledge of ADDIE and ADKAR and the ability to serve as an instructional designer, facilitattor, project manager and learning consultant.
• Subject matter expert in needs analysis, instructional design/development and program evaluation; comprehensive knowledge of project management; understanding of the principles of adult learning
• Proven track record of delivering results and commitment to operational and service excellence Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and accurately/successfully manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
• Highly developed critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills. Evidence of continuous improvement mindset and related successes; effective self-manager. Problem solving orientation and client focus. Highly-developed communication skills (verbal and written) Inclusiveness
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Demonstrated work experience
• Consistently demonstrates and exemplifies best practices in the area of instructional design, organizational change management, facilitation, and training delivery, including virtual delivery and may manage vendors or lead a team of designers and/or facilitators to support the training function for the business.
• Works collaboratively with project managers, IT leadership, and individual contributors to support the achievement of business and organizational objectives while exemplifying the Amtrak culture and brand.
• Requirements: Manages the design, development, delivery (facilitation), and evaluation of technical training programs. Specifically in the areas of technical applications and products including systems training for new and existing employees.
• Articulates and champions the value of organizational change management and organizational learning to the business and works in partnership with business leaders and stakeholder to develop blended learning and organizational change solutions and measures their effectiveness.
• Supports the use of Learning Management System and all relevant content, reporting functions, and enhancements.
• Coaches employees individually as well as in teams during projects to facilitate ongoing employee development.
• Provides guidance in technology direction, technical services, vendor partnerships and industry standards adoption for the procurement of computer based training programs, electronic knowledge systems and learning management systems.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Demonstrated experience in Learning & Development, particularly in the areas of technical training, design/development/facilitation
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning
• Demonstrated experience in instructional design and the application of adult learning principles for various delivery methodologies
• Experience/competency with eLearning tools and standards (e.g. SCORM, AICC, HTML) and experience with industry development
• software like
• Captivate, Articulate, Adobe Connect, Skype for Business, LiveMeeting, Dreamweaver, Flash, etc.
• Understands the transportation industry and the customer/client base.
• Demonstrated organizational awareness, change management leadership, judgment and decision making, influence, and operational excellence
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 24321
Posting Location(s): Delaware
Personnel Area: DE07
Job Family/Function: Information Technology
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements: 5 - 7 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Information Technology || Information Technology