AbbVie Scientist II, Cellular/Molecular Biology in Worcester, Massachusetts
Abbvie has an opening for a Scientist I/II to support evaluation and characterization of therapeutic antibodies and biologic tools by biological assays in our Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA.
Job responsibilities: o The successful candidate will be proficient in carrying out cell-based assays for immunology and neuroscience projects. o Expertise in tissue and cell extraction techniques is required. o Expertise in utilizing ECL, ELISA, tissue culture is required. o Experience in developing and optimizing broad and versatile biochemical and molecular biology techniques is required. o Experience in receptor biology is preferred. o The ideal candidate should be a team player, self-motivated, and well organized.
- BS or equivalent education with typically 7 or more years of experience or MS or equivalent education with typically 5 or more years of experience.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design, execute and interpret critical experiments to answer scientific questions.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, understand and master new experimental techniques. Ability to multitask and work within timelines.
Demonstrated scientific writing skills and strong verbal communication skills. Key AbbVie Competencies:
Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable higher
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Primary Location: USA-Massachusetts-Worcester
Organization: Research & Development
Req ID: 1606322
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled