BNY Mellon OTC Pricing Supervisor in Wroclaw, Poland
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
Team Description: (Overview of the team) Derivative Valuations are a centralised global utility that support a number of functions across various business lines. We are responsible for valuing OTC derivative assets for inclusion in;
The NAV production process for mutual and hedge fund accounting teams in Europe, India and across several US locations.
The valuation of pension funds for global companies based in Europe and the US.
Driving margin calls as part of our collateral management business.
Regulatory reporting and risk analysis by the bank and our clients. We are a centre of excellence in the OTC Derivative space and provide opportunities to gain considerable training and development across a range of functions, while benefitting from exposure to the wider NAV production process. We currently have 60+ people in permanent roles in Dublin, Poland, New York, Boston and India. The group continues to grow as we take on new business and additional responsibilities.
What the position entails:
• Complete and review the daily pricing of OTC assets, manual price input and price exception validation review for a variety of clients.
• Check and signoff on administrators work.
• Resolve outstanding issues on timely manner, where required escalate to ensure potential risks are highlighted
• Understand the theoretical/technical nature of all OTC securities and the data required for accurate calculation of OTC positions.
• As a professional with a global reach, you will be expected to drive your own development and that of those around you by maintaining high standards of performance as you carry out your role.
• Successful candidate will act as oversight for global departments: ensure an excellent service standard, maintain a flow of communication, build relationships and continuously manage workflow between onshore and offshore locations.
• Display initiative by suggesting improvements to processes and taking ownership of service provided to clients. Use your qualifications and experience to add value to a global centre of excellence.
• You will require an ability to work within a tight, deadline driven environment.This will involve maintaining an attention to detail and ability to make decisions without missing agreed deadlines.
• Work as part of a project team managing the take-on of new clients.This will involve working with both the client and various internal departments – Trade Capture, Fund Accounting, Reconciliations etc.
• A range of other project/process development/internal & external training initiatives.
• Enthusiastic graduates with Degrees or Masters in Finance, Maths, Statistics, Economics, Business and Engineering.
• At least 2 years of experience in similar industry environment
• Strong clerical and keyboard skills with particular focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel. Knowledge of Visual Basic would be beneficial but not essential.
• Theoretical knowledge on OTC products would be an asset.
• Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
• Motivated team members with the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
• Professional approach to work and personal appearance.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.*
Primary Location:* Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode:* 51060
Organization:* Derivatives Service Delivery-HR14453
Requisition Number:* 1612842