SC Department of Public Safety Financial Services and Sponsored Programs Coordinator in York County, South Carolina
- Manages major functional areas within the York Technical College Foundation's financial system to include general accounting, contracts and grants accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, investment accounting, and project accounting; Records and performs monthly reconciliation of accounts payable, grants payable, pledges payable, bank and investment account. Coordinates with other staff to review and reconcile donor management system gift entries and posts entries to accounting management system; Reviews and analyzes a broad ranges of complex accounting and fiscal activities in order to ensure compliance with Foundation policy and appropriate accounting treatment proposing appropriate adjust entries as needed; Maintains and monitors fixed assets for YTCF including depreciation schedule Overall responsibility for completeness and accuracy of the general ledger; Provides coordination and assistance for the annual independent audit and Form 990 including scheduling, preparing, and reviewing working papers.
- Assists with the development and preparation of annual budgets and monthly reporting. Maintains departmental budget, initiates purchase requisitions, and keeps records of department expenditures and account balances. Works closely with Accounting and Purchasing departments and assists Department Managers in overseeing relationships with various printing and production vendors and other external partners in carrying out marketing assignments. Reviews, analyzes, and establishes work procedures, standards, and schedules for all accounting activities, ensuring the improvements in efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity. Works in strong partnership with the members of the College Advancement team, on strategic initiatives, including software enhancements and internal controls assessments. Coordinates, develops, analyzes any legal and regulatory requirements, ensuring timeliness, accuracy, and compliance with standard accounting principles, and/or produce various financial reports to meet foundation, college, and/or donor needs.
- Oversees development services through management of the data information systems. Maintains current and accurate records in database to include report writing and generation, gift/pledge processing, and additional aspects of the College's donor management software. Coordinates, designs, and maintains procedures/guidelines, reporting, and statistical analysis. Maintains familiarity with data sources, including internal offices, as well as external resources to include web-based search engines, professional search services, NCOA, USPS, etc. Coordinates corporate matching gifts.
- Monitors a diverse group of funded projects and programs to ensure implementation activities meet complex funding requirements and regulations. Responsible for ensuring that grants objectives are achieved in a timely manner, funds are spent in compliance with project specific requirements, and reporting standards are met. Establishes and maintains master files for all grant programs. Ensures that all grant projects are administered according to grant regulations, school policy, and the mission of the College. Serves as liaison between funding agencies, and College administrators for fiscal and programmatic matters regarding externally funded projects; implements fiscal procedures consistent with the regulations and goals of grant programs. Maintains documents on the needs of the College and the service area; maintains central file of all proposals submitted by College.
- Participates in ongoing training and education to enhance expertise. Performs other duties as required to support the mission of the College.
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field and two (2) years relevant experience; or Associate's degree in Accounting or a related field and four (4) years relevant experience. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance highly preferred.
Advanced proficiency with accounting software (Financial Edge preferred), donor management systems (Raiser's Edge preferred), Enterprise Systems (Datatel) and Microsoft Office Suite; Excellent customer service skills to internal and external constituents; superior interpersonal, verbal, written, and communication skill. Experience working in a non-profit and knowledge of non-profit accounting. Ability to work a flexible schedule to include occasional evenings and weekends as required. Ability to travel the tri-county service area.
**Please attach a copy of required transcripts for full consideration. A resume' may not be submitted in lieu of an incomplete application.
RE-OPENED FOR NEW CANDIDATES ONLY**
Job Title: Financial Services and Sponsored Programs Coordinator
Agency: York Technical College
Opening Date: Tue. 10/18/16
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 11/01/16 11:59 PM Eastern Time
State Salary Range: Depends on Qualifications
Agency Hiring Range: Min: Max:
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Location: York County, South Carolina
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)