Shire Global Brand Lead in Zug, Switzerland
The Global Brand Lead serves as the driver of integration of all brand tactics along with the execution of all tactical activities associated with the brand/strategy.
• The scope of responsibilities includes contributing to the strategic plan and owning a portion of the plan to ensuring the global strategy is pulled through in communication with this most influential set of global customers.
• Through developing meaningful relationships, this individual will work with key stakeholders to positively position the brand and Patient and Customer excellence.
• The role will be accountable for ensuring tactical activities are developed and CMLR approved, and that commercial activities are driven and brought together in an orchestrated fashion compliant with the Shire Code of Ethics and consistent with budget.
• The Global Brand Lead should have the ability to understand and interpret market trends, financial data, and customer needs along with the assessment of competitive intelligence data.
• Co-develop and deliver on the strategic plan, pulling through with tactical execution, ensuring alignment across the portfolio
• Drive integrated tactical planning process (including Medical and GVSA) and ensure that budget recommendations are completed and ratified
• Work cross functionally with various disciplines (medical, regulatory, legal,) to develop compliant materials that were committed to in the tactical planning process
• Pull through and roll out pieces to countries based on a carefully orchestrated plan to ensure that the execution is flawless across the globe.
• Coordinate with key agency partners.
• Partner with and support the country affiliates in the development of local brand plans that reflect the Global Brand and Execution Plans.
• Lead work streams with launch countries to ensure launch preparation and high-quality training on product claims and competitive claims.
• Develop relationships and interact with cross-functional team members, and provide customer insights and patient centricity into all decision making,
• Accountable for elevating key issues and driving decisions, with the expectation of quick escalation to Senior Marketing Director when necessary.
• Coordinate marketing activities with Geographic commercial teams and Global Marketing
• Contribute to a high performing team culture that inspires purpose driven performance by transparency in sharing information, honoring commitments, sharing opinions openly, keeping confidences and unity around shared decisions
• Build and foster meaningful relationships and interactions with cross-functional team members (including US and EU marketing, Medical, Market Access)
• Contribute to the alignment of strategy and communication across teams
Education and Experience
• Demonstrated success and outcomes in cross-functional leadership in pharmaceutical development and / or commercialization
• Track record of strong analytic and strategic thinking, coupled with excellent implementation.
• Agility to operate in a global environment with a demonstrated knowledge of key markets, in particular US, EU, Japan
• Ability to convert strategy to action. Strong skills and knowledge in areas of pricing, reimbursement and creative product/program development.
• Strong business acumen and demonstrated leadership in driving business objectives in a matrixed environment.
• Experience in driving differentiation and an expert knowledge of marketing fundamentals
• Proven ability to develop a business case and flexibility to think through a variety of complex scenarios
• Bachelors degree required; Advanced degree a plus
• 6 to 8 years progressive marketing experience with demonstrated record of success in driving new product sales.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.