State Street Fund Administrator (m/f) in Zurich, Switzerland
What We Do
From our position at the very centre of the global financial system, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. Our systems help them to invest in a broad range of securities across open markets, execute their investment strategy and account for their trades.
We first opened our doors in Switzerland in 1998 and today we have close to 200 employees in our offices. From our FINMA-regulated branch in Zurich (State Street Bank International GmbH, Munich, Zurich Branch), we support clients across the investment spectrum — from pension funds and investment foundations, to asset managers, fund management companies and insurers.
Who We Are
- We’re more than 30,000 people in 30 countries. We’re united by a common purpose: to help our institutional investor clients more effectively invest the world’s savings.
- We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do. Our smart, engaged employees are essential to our client service and continued success.
- Our strength comes from within. With the vision of our people, we’re managing and leading change as the global financial services industry evolves.
- We’re committed to helping every employee feel valued so they can meet their full potential. It’s part of our inclusion, development and corporate social responsibility commitment.
CREATE THE FUTURE
We’re looking for motivated people who share our ambition to improve the efficiency of the world’s financial system, interested in working in an environment that emphasises teamwork and integrity. We give our employees the tools to balance their professional and personal life, including paid volunteer days and access to employee networks so they can stay connected to what matters to them.
Whether you’re focused on quality assurance or working across business divisions, starting your career with State Street will build your own future as you help shape the future of financial services.
For the Financial Reportingdepartment in our companyState Street Bank International GmbHin Zurichwe are looking for a Fund Administrator (m/f) – Job ID 162596.
- Review first draft of audited annual and unaudited interim financial statements from trial balance, including Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Schedule of Investments and notes to financial statements
- Coordinate distribution of financial statements: Assemble financial statements draft, all supporting documentation and calculations in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Prepare and/or accumulate complete and accurate audit work papers for accuracy and sufficiency and liaise with auditors during ordinary fund audit period
- Prepare and review recommended fund income and gain distributions inclusive preparation of tax applications
- Prepare ESTV tax schedules following the specific Swiss guidelines
- Liaise with the responsible client quality and product managers to pass on new reporting requirements
- Train, coach and instruct junior staff in the department
- Support and participate actively in project meetings of assigned projects especially in the evaluation of a new regulatory reporting tool
Education, Experience and Skills
- Commercial apprenticeship or comparable education within or with focus on financial industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of fund accounting conventions and its techniques
- Some years of work experience related to custody, fund accounting or fund administration/services
- Good Microsoft Office knowledge and interest in IT
- Fluency in German and advanced knowledge of English
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, keep attention to detail and understand client requirements as well as a regulatory or audit environment
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented group with peak period workflow
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills
- Team player strengths with precise and thorough working style
Please visit statestreet.com/careersand click on “Job Opportunities” to search and apply for open positions. Please include your salary expectations.
Job Title: Fund Administrator (m/f)
Job ID: 162596
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Switzerland - Zurich