Southwestern Michigan College Part-Time Testing Technician in Dowagiac, Michigan
Part-Time Testing Technician
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click theApply for this Joblink/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on theBookmarklink. To email this position to a friend, click on theEmail to a Friendlink. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on thePrint Previewlink.
Bookmark this Posting|Print Preview|Apply for this Job
Job TitlePart-Time Testing Technician
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore is seeking a Part-time Testing Technician who is dedicated, enthusiastic and reliable.
The Part-time Testing Technician is a customer service representative in the Testing Center. The Testing Technician will provide assistance with administration and proctoring of test. This position will report to the Director of Academic Assessment and Testing Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide proctoring services in support of facility, students services and disability services in the testing center.
• Enter and maintain examinations administered in the Testing Center, which includes data input into Banner and filing.
• Administer high stakes exams, which includes yearly proctor certification.
• Work well under pressure and able to multi-task
• Reliable and attention to detail
• Must be able to work with little or no supervision
• Perform other duties assigned by the Director of Academic Assessment and Testing Services.
High School diploma orGEDrequired
Associates degree preferred
A minimum of one-year customer service experience or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Banner Student Information System, various software systems, and other technology devices.
• Regulations of confidentiality as outlined byFERPA.
• Working with students from a diverse group of backgrounds.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with coworkers.
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Special Instructions to Applicants
Reference Request Details
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Southwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for students, faculty and staff. The College complies with all federal laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination including Title VI, Title IX, Section 504, and Title II and with all requirements and regulations of the U.S Department of Education.