Johnson Controls Safety Technician in Florence, South Carolina
Florence, SC - Battery Recycling Center
/Position Summary/: Maintain the health and safety of the plant workforce by monitoring and evaluation of health and safety conditions assuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures and governmental standards; maintenance of the Power Solutions' Health, Industrial Hygiene and Safety Programs
- Develops and administers effective occupational health, safety, ergonomics and industrial hygiene programs, including health services functions and maintenance of related policy and procedure manuals.
- Be knowledgeable in JCI Best Business Practices and incorporate in programs.
- Educates, motivates and trains line supervision and production personnel in good housekeeping practices, safe work procedures, PPE, etc.
- Using specialized testing equipment, samples, measures and evaluates employee exposures to in-plant chemical contaminants, including lead and acid mist, and physical agents such as heat and noise exposure. Monitors, analyzes and records performance of the plant exhaust and make-up air ventilation systems.
- Assists in the administration of medical surveillance and biological monitoring programs according to OSHA standards and company policies and procedures.
- Manages the plant personal protective equipment, work clothing and safety equipment programs according to company standards and operating budget. Administers the respiratory protection program, including fit testing, respirator distribution, cleaning and sanitizing.
- Develops and implements effective plant programs for the identification, prevention and control of occupational injuries and illnesses. Develops and coordinates plant health and safety education and training programs. Serves on the plant safety committee as co-chairperson.
- Maintains current awareness of applicable federal, state and local health, industrial hygiene and safety regulations. Maintains legal, governmental and company health, medical and safety-related records according to standards, including confidentiality. Accompanies visiting inspectors and reports findings.
- Administers the plant Global Harmonization Standard, including maintaining up-to-date SDSs, effective identification of all chemicals, chemical inventory and related training and education programs.
- Reviews all manufacturing and support operations to assure ongoing safety. Assists the line organization in developing job safety analyses (JSAs) and safe operating procedures for all tasks and in investigating incidents. Develops and implements audit programs to review and assure compliance with applicable health and safety standards.
- Accumulates, prepares and enters environmental health, industrial hygiene, medical and safety data into the IHS computer system. Analyzes data and prepares standard and other requested reports for plant management.
- Conducts audits and coordinates plant preparation for corporate audits.
- Assists with the design and development of facilities, work areas and work procedures and ensures the implementation of environmental, health and safety requirements accordingly.
- Maintain professional competency through participation in professional education and training programs and completion of any necessary requirements to maintain professional credentials.
Overtime and off-shift work is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
Bachelor's Degree Required.
- Degree in Safety Studies, Industrial Hygiene, or related field preferred.
- Requires previous experience with safety and industrial health programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in Industrial Hygiene testing preferred.
- Experience working in a Manufacturing Environment.
- Previous experience with OSHA and compliance.
- Previous experience in a heavy manufacturing or smelter environment is very helpful.
- Must be willing to work overtime and off-shift to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Must be willing to wear a full face respirator when on the production floor.
- Prior use of the Microsoft Office Suite; ability to formulate reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
/Equal Opportunity & Non-Discrimination// - Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit //EEO is the Law//, //EEO is the Law (supplement)//, and //Pay Transparency Non-discrimination//./
Job: *Risk Management / Health, Safety, & Environment
Organization: *Power Solutions
Title: Safety Technician
Requisition ID: WD30045275072