Macy's Joppa, MD - Macy's Logistics: Warehouse Supervisor, Customer Returns Dept, Full Time in Joppa, Maryland
* Job Overview: *
Supervise day to day operations of the Packing department, including staff communications, work assignments, and work scheduling, throughput levels and processing standards.
Essential Functions: *
• Monitor staff levels to meet processing objectives and achieve expense goals. • Work with Manager to review/analyze expense and shortage goals. • Provide a safe work environment for staff. Develop and enforce safe work practices. • Work with other distribution center areas to improve throughput and improve customer service. • Perform and maintain all supply inventories. • Work with department coordinators to assign and balance staff among various functions and tasks in department. • Maintain a high level of accuracy and quality programs to ensure a high level of customer service. • Monitor departments’ performance in the productivity incentive program. • Oversee training for new employees, follow up training and crosstraining. • Perform staff follow up and counseling. • Mentor and coach department coordinators. • Write and conduct performance appraisals for staff. • Open communication with Pack Manager concerning staff issues and workloads • Other functions deemed necessary by management.
- Qualifications: *
- Education/Experience: *
- * • Two year degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Communication Skills: *
- * • Ability to communicate with all level of the organization. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills: *
- * • Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Reasoning Ability: *
- * • Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. • Problem solver.
- Physical Demands: *
- * • This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. • Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other Skills: *
• Strong leadership, motivational, judgment, follow up and decision making skills.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs • Ability to work overtime on short notice.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Joppa
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: MAC09328