Freddie Mac Operational Risk Dir in McLean, Virginia
McLean, VA 2
Full Time/Part Time:
Enterprise Operational Risk is seeking a Director for Third Party Risk Oversight to lead and direct the second line of defense oversight responsibilities regarding Freddie Mac's third party risk program. Reporting to the VP - Enterprise Operational Risk the candidate will be responsible for providing expertise and oversight, and directing the second line of defense activities. The candidate will provide thought leadership, oversight and expert advice to develop and implement third party oversight activities designed to minimize the risk of catastrophic loss to Freddie Mac.
• Oversight of the development of and periodic updates to the Third Party oversight framework/strategy and the related risk policy and associated risk standards to ensure compliance with FHFA and regulatory requirements.
• Direct reviews of targeted third party related processes and activities and report upon the results.
• Direct the third party risk component of enterprise-wide risk reviews being performed by Enterprise Risk Heads.
• Monitor key risk metrics of the first line divisions for effectiveness of identify emerging risk trends using analytics.
• Direct the development and delivery of third party risk education and training to Freddie Mac employees as required.
• Monitoring and evaluate the results of first line division self-testing of third party controls.
• Communicate third party risk issues to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders as required.
Work Location Zip Code:
Enterprise Risk Mgmt
• Bachelors' degree in accounting, finance, economics or other business related fields
• 12+ years of third party risk management experience, preferably at a large financial services organization.
• Experience at implementing enterprise-wide third party risk programs.
• Experience working directly with regulatory agencies.
• Ability to effectively work with a diverse group of stakeholders both internally and externally.
• Certifications (CIA, CPA and/or CBA) preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to lead and direct a team of risk professionals.
Work Location City:
Director - Third Party Risk Oversight
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State: